National Consulting Hotline 400-0590-280
What are the classifications and differences between mechanical seals and hydraulic seals?
In general, it is difficult for people to distinguish between mechanical seals and hydraulic seals. People who do not understand this industry often think they are the same thing.
So what's the difference between them? Let's take a look at their definition, classification and differences:
First, the definition of mechanical seals and hydraulic seals:
Mechanical seals belong to one of the basic mechanical components with precise and complicated structure, and are the key components of various pumps, reaction synthesis kettles, turbine compressors, submersible motors and other equipment. Its sealing performance and service life depend on many factors, such as selection, machine accuracy, correct installation and use.
Hydraulic seals have pressure requirements, and require a certain degree of smoothness of the joint surface. Sealing elements are mostly rubber, and the sealing effect is achieved by local deformation of the seal.
Classification of mechanical seals and hydraulic seals
Mechanical seal models: cartridge seal series, light mechanical seal series, heavy mechanical seal series, etc.
Hydraulic seals: lip seals, V-shaped seals, U-shaped seals, Y-shaped seals, YX-shaped seals and hydraulic cylinders are commonly used in combination with seals, such as bud-shaped rings, Gree rings and step seals.
Third, choose the seal
When purchasing maintenance seals, the following procedures are recommended to improve the accuracy of purchased seals:
1. Movement direction-first determine the movement direction of the seal, such as reciprocating, rotating, spiral or fixed.
2. Seal points-For example, determine whether the active point is a rod seal with an inner diameter or a piston seal with an active point on the outer diameter.
3. Temperature grade-consult the operating instructions of the original machine or evaluate the working temperature according to the actual working environment to determine the required materials. For the description of the temperature grade, please refer to the note for production users below.
4. Size-Most users will choose the old samples used, but after using for a period of time, the original size will be greatly affected by factors such as temperature, pressure and abrasion. The selection according to the sample can only be used as a reference A better method is to measure the size of the metal groove where the seal is located, and the accuracy will be higher.
5. Pressure level-refer to the relevant data from the original machine operating instructions, or infer the working pressure level by observing the soft hardness and structure of the original seal. For the description of the pressure level, please refer to the note by production users below.
After understanding mechanical seals and hydraulic seals, we can better understand what we need to pay attention to when customizing our products. Of course, if you have more questions, welcome to contact our customer service on the official website
[Label this article]:
[Responsible editor]: Cixi Haisheng Rubber Products Co., Ltd. All rights reserved: http://carmenfan.com/ Reprinted please indicate the source